October 2, 2014 —The Report of the Auditor General of Alberta—October 2014
will be released on Tuesday, October 7 at 10 a.m. via the office’s website (www.oag.ab.ca
). It will include the results of the following:
Stand-alone systems auditing—New audits
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development—Alberta Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Agency—Joint Canada–Alberta Plan for Oil Sands Monitoring
- Health—Crown’s Right of Recovery of Healthcare Costs from Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Service Alberta—IT Disaster Recovery Program
- Treasury Board and Finance—Collection of Outstanding Corporate Taxes
- Various Departments—Contracting
Stand-alone systems auditing—Follow-up audits
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development—Natural Resources Conservation Board—Confined Feeding Operations
- Health—Seniors Care in Long-term Care Facilities
Financial statements and performance measures audits
- Results of the audits of all government departments, boards, agencies, commissions and related organizations
This report also includes the OAG Results Analysis Report 2014.
Mr. Saher will be available via teleconference on Tuesday afternoon starting at 1 p.m. to discuss the report’s contents. Media can participate by dialing 1.888.231.8189, conference ID 13251393. You will be greeted by a conference operator who will ask you for the conference ID, your name, affiliation and phone number. To ask a question, press *1. To exit the question queue, press #. All questions and responses will be heard by all participants. Reporters are encouraged to dial in 15 minutes early to ensure participation. One-on-one interviews will be accommodated after the teleconference as time permits. These should be booked in advance by contacting the office’s communications director.
MLAs and government staff who are interested in listening to the briefing as it occurs are asked to contact OAG Communications in advance to obtain a separate teleconference number and conference ID. Do not use the media line.